PROVO, Utah – The Utah Utes travel 45 miles south to take on rival BYU Cougars on Saturday, September 11.
If you’re traveling to Provo, too, you’ll want to make sure to take the best method to get you there before kickoff.
Thousands of BYU and Utah fans will be driving south on Interstate 15 for the 8:15 p.m. kickoff.
Here’s everything you need to know about traveling to Saturday night’s game quickly and safely.
Running late or can’t make it to Provo?
If you get stuck in traffic or can’t make it LaVell Edwards Stadium, make sure you don’t miss out on any of the rivalry action. Here’s how you can stay up-to-date on everything from pregame to postgame.
Radio: KSL NewsRadio
The easiest way to avoid traffic on your way to the game is by utilizing public transit.
Ride UTA will have extra service on UVX, FrontRunner, and trains for fans to travel to and from LaVell Edwards Stadium.
- TICKET AS FARE for UofU football ticket holders does not apply this game.
- If you have a UofU ID or BYU ID, that is your UTA fare, make sure to tap on and off.
- Use UVX BYU Stadium Station to access LaVell Edwards Stadium.
- After the game, head directly to Orem Central Station via UVX.
- Masks are required on UTA vehicles and platforms.
If you decide to drive to the game remember to plan ahead for delays from traffic and possible construction.
The main freeway exits that will funnel you towards the stadium are:
- Heading Southbound
- Exit 272 – 800 North, Orem
- Exit 271 – Center Street, Orem
- Exit 269 – University Parkway, Orem
- Heading Northbound
- Exit 263 – University Avenue, Provo
- Exit 265 – Center Street, Provo
- Exit 269 – University Parkway, Orem
Parking & Tailgating
Stadium Address: 1700 N Canyon Rd, Provo, UT 84604
Cougar Club Parking:
(Bronze level and above) is located in Lots 1-11.
Cougar Club Parking Map:
- All reserved parking lots will be held for pass holders until approximately the end of the 1st quarter of the game
- Passes are permits for the specified lot only.
- Lots open 4 hours before the game starts.
State-issued Disability Parking:
The disability parking lot is the IT Building lot (lot 58). For a public parking map, click the button below.
The Disability Lot is accessible only to those with a state-issued disability pass. The lot can be accessed from Canyon or University. A complimentary shuttle will pick up and drop off at the southwest corner of the lot. The shuttle will run continuously from 3 hours before kickoff until 1 hour after. The shuttles are ADA and wheelchair accessible. There is very limited space for disability parking in Lot 2A that is open for anyone with a state-issued disability permit or license plate on a first-come, first-served basis. Disability Parking in Cougar Club lots are open only to those who qualify for that lot.
Public non-reserved parking lots are available at such places as the Monte Bean Museum and the BYU administration building.
Motorcycle parking is located in the northwest corner of Lot 3. No pass is required, first come first served.
Tailgating and RV Parking lots are located in the parking lot south of the IT Building.
Availability: Guests may enter the lot starting at 8 a.m. on all home game days and will remain open until two hours after the conclusion of the game. It is first-come, first-served and there is no overnight parking. *EXCEPTION- Games that kick-off at 7 p.m. or later may remain in the lot until 8 a.m. the following morning.
Vehicle types: Cars, vans, trucks and motorcycles. RVs and camp trailers are permitted in the Tailgate Lot.
Space: Tailgaters are allowed two parking stalls per vehicle.
Type of cooking: Only propane and wood-pellet grills are allowed (no charcoal or wood fires).
- A limited number of portable restrooms, dumpsters, and recycling bins will be provided. Please clean up after yourselves.
- Personal flags, signs, banners, etc. may not be attached to any BYU fixtures or landscaping.
- Please treat those around you and their property with courtesy and respect.
- No alcohol, tobacco or illegal substances are allowed in the tailgate lot or on campus.
- No electrical or water hookups are available.
- No fireworks.
- No tent pegs or spikes.
- No pets.
Late arriving RV and oversized vehicle parking:
There is an additional parking lot for late-arriving RV and oversized vehicles that do not arrive at least three hours before the game. This lot is located at 2230 North 150 East (Canyon Road), approximately three blocks north of LaVell Edwards Stadium. The lot is for parking only and is not meant for tailgating. There is no longer reserved parking available in this lot. It has limited space and is first-come, first-served. Guests must also be out of this lot at least three hours after the game. There is no overnight parking available on campus.
Tailgating in other lots:
Individuals are permitted to tailgate as long as it does not take additional stalls or block the travel lanes of the parking lots. Tailgating activities should occur directly behind or in front of one’s vehicle. The use of propane and wood-pellet grills is allowed, but charcoal or open flame (wood) grills are not allowed due to safety reasons. See information above for large group spaces for RVs, etc.
Don’t forget to arrive early and enjoy the pregame atmosphere at Cougar Canyon located directly west of the stadium on Canyon Road.
Cougar Canyon starts at 4:30 p.m.
For your first look at the Cougs on game day, don’t miss out on the Cougarwalk. Welcome the BYU team to the stadium at 6:05 p.m.